Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lifeiscomplex

Lightbulb Greetings

I am only 19 years old and I have already lost several of my good friends due to raged blackouts. I will lose the love of my life if I continue to drink. I have tried to limit my drinking in the past but I just don't seem to know how to slow down. I made a pretty terrible mistake the other night and it was the last straw. I am ashamed and embarrassed of what I have done and said. I rarely make an immoral foolish decision when alcohol is not involved. In fact I would venture so far as to say I have NEVER made a bad decision while sober from alcohol.

I am sobering up because I cannot afford to hurt anyone else, including myself, because of my drinking problem. I simply cannot achieve the quality of life I need and want when alcohol is involved. I am proud of myself and excited to become the best person I can be.

I am wondering if anyone has advice on temptation. I will likely be confronted with a lot of peer pressure situations in the next few months and I am worried about my ability to say no. If you have a useful method that works for you, what is it?