View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JessicaNAJ

Happiness within Yourself

I think I'm finally understanding the saying "you have to find happiness within yourself." These last 2 days I've done a lot of thinking - not really feeling to perky either.

I'm trying really hard to light my own fire of happiness without any luck. So, I'm turning to you for suggestions.

I seem to have a very low self esteem. I feel I can't do anything right and nothing I do is good enough. I compare what I have to what others have and of course everything I've worked so hard for is not good enough. Why do I put myself down? Why do I feel like nothing is good enough. I have a lot I SHOULD be proud of.

My happiness usually comes from a feeling I get from others. Lately though, I've been lonely, really lonely. I have no one to talk to and when I do get company, all I do is find fault in them - and I'm sure they're getting the impression that I'm putting my "nose up at them". They are living their life and enjoying it, so why do I feel like my pathetic life is better than theirs. I really need to humble myself.

I'm starting to feel depressed and I can't seem to snap out of it.

This probably makes no sense whatsoever, but if anyone can help me to decifer it, please I'm open to any suggestions.