View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Yeah, nothing beats knowing the alcohol drink itself is just what it is -- a beverage for drinkers. In my very earliest sobriety, under 90 days, I would often enough go with friends to a 24hr coffee spot/restaurant which was also licenced called of all things "Tomorrows"

The stuff was all around. Knowing it was there for the taking, and knowing I wasn't taking, was clearly a wonderful experience each and everytime.

Being afraid of alcohol, at whatever level, is not a good way forward. Fears breed doubt, and doubt creates AV for future drinking.

Do I advise people to go get a cold one and check things out? No, I don't. Yet, if someone decides they want to get over their fears of being around alcohol, then of course SHIFTING works well to that end. So does alot of other things work too.

In my experience though, even shifting has its limits. I now know my Beast and AV very well, and so shifting really is for me more a play on vanities for me to pretend I'm gonna learn a whole lot more from shifting. I suppose there came a time for me where whats the point? Certainly putting a drink in my hand proves nothing new nowadays, and so I would wonder wtf i was doing with that drink in my hand after 31 yrs, but that's me.

Yeah, this is an interesting thread for sure. Thanks again for Newatthis for being so open minded and accommodating.

How are things going, Newatthis?