View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
4MyBoys
My emotional baggage

outonalimb,

Sending Mom power your way! I have a 10 year old. We are starting to get some of the growing pains also. 98 percent of the time he is great but has started having some anger outbursts at me.

When my divorce started the courts set him up with a councelor. She is free of charge through a county agency. ( I too have to watch my money) She has been invaluable as issues arise. He never wants to go see her but always comes home feeling better.
This might be an option for your son....

For me:
I am seeing a councelor myself and since I have gotten better at managing the issues from leaving my STBXAH, I have been asking for advice on parenting. It is amazing having someone impartial to bounce ideas off of. So I might not have my husband to help but I have someone who constantly comes up with solutions I would not have thought of.

Just be sure to make sure you find a good fit for you and or your son. I had to meet with a few people before I found someone who I felt comfortalbe enough to really tell everything. The first few were really weird. Also, I work for the state so we get some free appts, but otherwise my insurace wil help pay for appts.

Good luck, 4MyBoys