View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MamaKit

Outonalimb,
I think I could have written your exact words today to describe how I am feeling. My son is 11 - but the story is the same. In particular, I can relate with seeing your EXAH's behaivors in your son - it's awful.
I imagine there are a lot of difficult things converging for you right now. The firehouse incident with your exah, filing the order of protection, the fact that your son is an adolescent (and in the best of circumstances adolescents can be awful), and that you are doing this all on your own.
I am sending my love and support to you as we walk this path together.
You are a human being facing difficult circumstances. Be kind to yourself and know that every day is a new opportunity to do your best. I believe the foundation that you have with your son which created the sweet connection you have enjoyed is still there - it's just covered with a lot of debris from the havoc wreaked by your ex. You are there for your children, you love them and they are so lucky to have you as their mom.

I'm just about to go online looking to order the book "Parenting without Power Struggles" - authors name starts with "S" I think. Anyway I hear that it is great and offers tips for parents in difficult situations like us.

Hugs,
MamaKit