View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Hi RR,

While you and I presently have quite different recovery program involvement, I think we both can be considered "old timers" with our combined abstinence of over 63 years.

Over the recent years, I have occasionally tested my Beast by making scotch-on-the-rocks; to hear the golden liquor pour out of the fancy bottle, listen to the ice crackle, then feel the cold glass in my hand and lift it up to my nose and deeply smell it. That's the closest I can get to resurrecting my Beast, yet still, I'm unable to recall the pleasurable sensation. Could I handle it if I tried drinking again? It's a meaningless question because I took the choice away from myself many years ago. So, I know my alcohol/drug Beast is less than an old withered up appendix, and even in those extreme tests, I can just barely hear it or feel it any more.

Well, I'm guessing there's a good chance you also cannot recall that long lost sensation of pleasure from being under the influence. I believe you have effectively had a Big Plan in place for quite a long time, too. So, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest, after reading your posts over the last year, that you also have a hard time finding any real Beast activity in yourself.

In a nutshell, then, I'm not interested in trying to detect an AV in your posts for the simple reason that, like me, I don't think you have one of any significance.

Now, about your posts, you are saying:

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
... These are my words.

I'm not going to care much what they may not mean to you, unless you can detect some hidden AV in my words. If you can, feel free to educate me. If not, then don't even bother to tell me it may not be the exact definition found in the RR:TNC.
Well, when I now say that I WILL bother to reply to what I see in your (or anyone's) posts as not accurate AVRT concepts, I'm not saying it to antagonize you or anyone personally. I'm doing it because I believe I have a sound understanding of the art of AVRT; I believe it is an iron-clad method of self-recovery as it has been carefully developed by Jack Trimpey; and I choose to discuss and debate its concepts freely here to provide more AVRT material for others to utilize immediately and later through the archives.

With all that said, with my 200 plus posts over one year, I try to be realistic about how much I can really do in the broad scheme of things.

GT