View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Hi RR, no need to be sorry, you are simply incorrect.

The Addictive Voice is any idea, feeling, or behavior that supports drinking alcohol in any amount, ever.

p. 117 of RR:TNC "...the Addictive Voice is very creative in finding new reasons for drinking alcohol. One of the above [20 listed] reasons, or something close to it, was probably the one you wrote down as the reason you resumed drinking after not drinking for a while. But your AV is probably more creative than I [Jack Trimpey] am, and it may have found a reason I haven't thought of here."

The AV is by definition "single minded", but it has creative reasoning towards that single minded goal.

In the spirit of clarity,

GT
I hear you.

Nonetheless. Creativity itself does not require reason. Much of creativity is sourced from imagination, no less.

LIke I said, reason is with me, and not my Beast. My Beast can be so-called creative and resonable because it actually uses my own thoughts against me. It itself cannot create words or sentences. It simply harvests from me, and feeds it back to me with the idea that drinking would be a good idea. Cut n' paste like in a scrapbook...

So, my Beast has no reasoning powers of its own. It simply uses me is what it does...

AV is to Beast as bark is to dog. Beast is the sick desire and AV is my separated [from me] thoughts entwined with that sick addictive desire.