Old 01-08-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
ForMyGirls

I lost who I thought was the girl of my dreams when I was in my early 20's because of my drinking. She had a alcoholic father, and basically told me that even though she loved me dearly, she could not wind up with an alcoholic husband... (Her dad wound up dieing a few years later while he was still in his 50's)...

I thought she was crazy, and totally did not see in myself what she saw at the time... It really hurt losing her though... In hindsight however, it was for the best as I would never have met my wonderful wife had I not lost "that girl". I'd be lying though if I told you that I never think back about her...

Fast forward 15+ years... Well of course! I became the alcoholic that "that girl" warned me about! And now, it wasn't only threatening the loss of "THE GIRL" (my wife who I love dearly), but it was also threatening the loss of my three young daughters who I can not imagine being seperated from!!!

Thank God I finally saw the light and sobered up. Things have improved tremendously since I quit drinking, both inside and outside of my home. Hopefully you will see the light too.