View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hayfmr

I Need A Good Divorce Forum

It's been a while since I have been on here but sadly I am back. Here is the quick version. Been married to Bipolar AW for 26 years. For a while she kept the binge drinking hidden from me. Things slowly got worse though. After 2 treatment programs she wrecked the car. The court ordered treatment program worked for 7 years. Then suddenly she started drinking hard again. The next wrecked car and treatment program only worked for a short time. Finally after being hospitalized for alcohol poising she was admidted to the mental health unit. There she was diagnosed with Bipolar and anxiety. She also has an eating disorder that I choose to ignore. With meds all was well for 15 months. Then suddenly without warning she drank again. She is now steadily progressing right back to where she was as a full blown binge drinker.

At the time of her Bipolar diagnosis I was filing for divorce. She begged me for a second chance and after seeing how the medication changer her I gave it to her. Things were going really well for 15 months. I don't know what has changed but it appears she in not taking hte meds like she is supposed too. In addition the alcohol causes the meds to not work. As we all know A's will never tell the truth and be honest with us. Whe I gave her the second chan I made it very clear that I was never living with a drunk again. My first choice is to get her some help and sober her up. However my confidence in that working is slim to none so it looks like I need to start preparing my backup plan. The problem is that I own a successful business and we live in a community property state. A divorce is going to be very expensive. Thats why I am looking for divorce information so that I can plan ahead to protect myself.