View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Newatthis34 View Post
RR; Reading your post has made me think that I am perhaps taking the BP too literally..??? I don't understand your interpretation of commitment though. I mean should I not commit myself to quitting alcohol as a positive, affirmative undertaking that will impact on my life. A commitment to my health, well-being etc. ultimately.
The inherent difficulty with the kind of committment you're attempting to create within your Big Plan is what happens if things in your life go in an unexpected direction?

Say, your marriage flounders and eventually fails? Or your income gets slashed in a permanent way because of ongoing health issues? Or other life-changing events etc.

Committments are ALWAYS linked to certain conditions being satisfied. Without those established and maintained conditions, whatever they may be - such committments are worthless. With a Big Plan, no conditions are required for the BP to work effectively. This is very important to successfully remain alcohol free regardless of whatever may be served up and experienced in your life.

Quitting alcohol because you want a better life is conditional, because you may not get that better life even though you have quit alcohol.

Please take a few moments and try to understand a BP as an AVRT tool, and nothing but an AVRT tool. Its a technique of sorts, to reveal otherwise hidden Addictive Voice... and that's all it is... its not something to adore or pledge promises with otherwise.

"I will never now drink alcohol. I will never change my mind."

Period. End of story.

Any thought, image, feeling that goes against my above BP will be as AV to me, and nothing but AV. It's really that simple.