View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Newatthis34

Phew, more confused than ever now..

GT; Thanks for reminding me to think about what it was that occurred to kick start my drinking that I couldn't have foreseen. The answer is pretty mundane really, a friend visited and I used it as an excuse. Nothing unforeseen at all about being in such a senario in fact fairly predictable.

RR; Reading your post has made me think that I am perhaps taking the BP too literally..??? I don't understand your interpretation of commitment though. I mean should I not commit myself to quitting alcohol as a positive, affirmative undertaking that will impact on my life. A commitment to my health, well-being etc. ultimately. Maybe my analogy with wedding vows is clumsy but the point I was trying to make is that once the commitment is made, the rest sort of follows on (or should hypothetically unless/until something changes).

Am I totally messed up with the way I'm approaching this? I'm beginning to wonder if all I really want is a quick-fix solution...I'm getting bogged down in semantics and metaphysical notions of free-will and everything here!! And I thought RR promised it was easy to quit if you want to. And I really do. Or I think I do. But how will I really know for sure? AAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!