Thread: Anger
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lizatola

Thank you for this thread. I am sitting here ANGRY over everything right now. The fact that AH's job is now in jeopardy. The things AH hasn't fixed but said he would. The fact that he just sits on the couch and does nothing but fall asleep and I do everything around here. The fact that he is driving his rental car without the ignition interlock(he got into an accident recently and his car is in the shop), etc. I could go on but I like what you've talked about here about finding the other emotions/feelings attached to that anger. Is it fear? Is it frustration? Is it sadness? Is it that awareness of reality that angers us?

In my family growing up I didn't even know what anger was. My alcoholic dad would have outbursts of cursing when he was fixing something and things didn't go his way and he was an aggressive driver(I inherited this tendency from him, lol), but my family was not big on expressing anger. So, when I got married and I realized my AH was an angry person, I had no idea what to do with that. It was foreign to me to see someone having fits of rage, freaking out over what the news was saying about the economy, yelling about other races, etc. And, in turn, I found myself angry but never really recognizing it. I was angry at myself a lot of the time, too, for allowing myself to be subject to this behavior and aggression. Anyway, thanks for this thread. I have been thinking about this a lot.