Old 01-03-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
25years2long

I was (am still-until I can prove otherwise) an every 3 to 4 day drinker. Today makes only day 2... again.

See, I joined this site back in November, with the same resolve to quit. Incidentally, I was only on day 2 then as well. Through-out that entire month, and halfway into December, I was able to stick to a once a week "plan".

But as the holidays drew closer, I began slipping back into that every 3 to 4 day pattern again. Which is why I've stayed away from this place until yesterday. Felt a bit guilty I guess...

Needless to say, the once a week thing apparently doesn't work for me. I need to completely quit.

At the moment, I'm feeling more resolve than ever. But it is so easy to say that now. Once the withdrawal related anxiety, insomnia and tremors return, I know the temptation will come back with a vengence. Plus, it doesn't help to have an active drinker living with me, and his drinker friends coming around all of the time.

I hope this time to stay more involved w/this site than I did back in November. That way, when the temptation hits, maybe I can turn to you folks? Btw, (newbie question)... This site is SO big, with tons of different forums... is there a specific forum I can turn to when temptation hits?

Yeah, I know- AA is very important, and I intend to find one near me. Soon. But in the meantime, is it ok to come here for support when the urge to drink hits?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these questions for me. Also, sorry for the length of this post...