Old 12-31-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
ReadyAndAble

I think you're wise to give it time. Sounds to me like your priorities are clear enough. Maybe you could spend some time looking into new bands or searching out classics online. Just a thought.

I'm a major music fan. I waited until I was a few months sober to return to the live show scene. It was strange at first, because I was so used to drinking furiously at shows. Now I go all the time and feel right at home; I like being the dude who orders a cola and heads for the front of the stage. The shows are better now because I'm actually there for the show, not using it as an excuse to double my intake. It's also interesting to me how skewed my perceptions had been of the crowd at shows. People, in general, are drinking way less than I imagined. There are always some people who are wasted, but they're a loud and unattractive minority. Most people who drink only have one or two; shocking, I know!

Anyway, I think you're right to hunker down, take it easy on yourself right now. Plenty of time to see shows later.