View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ananda

Non-program recovery

Hi,

Does anyone not do a program? Is our only hope to take as faith and belief science or religion? Can a person really be honest and stay sober, or must we embrace as truth something, like a carrot of hope, regardless of our own experiences?

I've been drinking for a week now. I understand that that makes all my thought processes questionable. Yet none of the"programs" make sense to me...even when I am sober, and especially when I'm sober 6 mos to 7 years.

I just want to know if anyone actually recovers without ignoring their own beliefs and experience (counting in that when we drink things get skewed).

Have any of you found a way to stay sober without buying the party line? I admire all the programs that help so many, but after 30 years of struggle, I'm more interested in what could help me get sober and stay that way.

OK...I'm ranting...I'll read what you post. I just want to see what is out there that I might be missing.

Thank you for your time, and believe me, I am fine with whatever works for you...but my need is to find something that works for me.

Nands