View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
andisa

Being chicken keeps us all dashing for cover when we don't feel secure. A learned safety precaution to protect ourselves. We can choose to remain safely protected our whole lives, living in less-than-preferable conditions, or we can see what else is available. But we can't see any of it if we're hiding under a box in the barn.

For us it appears small steps outside the barn are the way to proceed. Testing the waters for fear of drowning in a current so fast we can't swim. Maybe that's the result of having been swept up in a current before in which we had no control.

I think often about the illusion of control. We really have very little you know. All we can control are our actions, and reactions.

Beautiful what you say Fate, "I will share my progress and will keep an eye out for yours." Little things can make a big difference.

Midlife, it's appearing to me that to keep indulging in the non-doc is just a substitute for the doc. I've never had a problem with alcohol, i.e.the occasional glass of wine, and smoking cigs pales in comparison to what I got from pot, but there they are, filling the gap, I suspect, as a placeholder. They have no place in recovery.

MN Nice, yah, sure, you betcha.