View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
FatallyUncool

Just to be clear, I don't raise chickens. I am the chicken.

Andisa, I am trying to take steps to make the positive changes in my career and elsewhere. It's just that they are little steps. For instance, I have worked on my resume and look at job postings, and I have spoken to a friend of a friend, who is a very successful and respected person in my field, for help. These are little things, but more than I've done in a long time. And I'm clean.

Yeah, Midlife, the comfortable rut, I know all about it. Like my feet are stuck in the mud. Or like a big, heavy ball that I cannot seem to push over that bump. Not happy on drugs and not happy clean.

My therapist told me that when the pain of my current situation becomes greater than the fear of change (and rejection), I will do something about it.

But it takes action.

Midlife and andisa, posting in this thread is something. A very good step. And sharing your goals here. So what will we do next? I don't know but I am trying to believe in myself and I believe in you guys. I will share my progress and will keep an eye out for yours.