View Single Post
Old 11-03-2002, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stephanie

Hi nana,

I am very sorry for all of your pain and sadness.

I don't now how old you are but if you are 65 or older then your husband would be eligible for Home Health Care through Medicare if you had a note from your doctor saying that he needs special care that you are unable to provide. This care would be free of charge.

If you qualify financially than you could also get some home health care through Medicaid. Every state spends medicaid money differently so it would depend on your state but you may either be able to get home personal care or respite care. Respite care is someone coming in to your home to care for your husband a couple hours a day so you can get out and do something for yourself, like attend a meeting. Respite care also may be available without having to be income eligible, but it varies state to state.

Call your local Area Agency on Aging and they will give you all of the information you need about these programs as well as the contact numbers. To find your states Area Agency on Aging call The Eldercare Locator, the number is escaping me right now, you can find the number by going to eldercare locator on the internet. They give you every number of Area Agencies on Aging in your area and its title.

I pray that you find some peace in your life

Searching