Old 12-24-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wifi

If you really love him take your own advise and seperate for a bit. Give him a chance to get sober... It is not easy and if you haven't been there it is very hard to relate. Don't listen to what your parents or others say or think, do what you believe is right for you. You obviously love him as stated in your first paragraph and you guys have a lot invested... Give it some time... If it doesn't work out it doesn't work out but why rush out and get divorced? You can still set boundaries, seperate your finances, etc, and try to protect yourself as best as possible... I am sooo glad my wife has stuck by me throughout the years and don't know where I would be without her. I agree that you should perhaps try al-anon, which will give you some perspective on the entire situation. This is all just one man's opinion so take it like a grain of salt. I have put my wife through a lot and have managed to stay sober the majority of our 21 years of marriage, but I have had some slips (one just recently)... There is no easy answer to your situation but I am so blessed that my wife stayed by my side "in sickness and in health, for better or worse"... I love that woman and have put her through a lot, but life is not perfect... I wish you luck in whatever you decide...