View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
IndaMiricale
Powerless over Alcohol

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
IMO, its predatory behavior not accceptable. this is not just a male thing. women do it too. it is not tolerated around here and those that are working the program who care about the newcomers let it be known that it will not be allowed. we let pradators know that AA is a safe environment for poeple who want to stop drinking and if they want to get laid, they can go to the bar.
"I'm part of a fellowship where men sponsor women and women sponsor men quite often.."

in this neck of the woods( and the fellowship i am in) and every other neck i have been in, no, it does not happen often. there are reasons for it. we come in vulnerable and screwed up and sometimes think the love from the opposite sex is the solution. there are many that come in lookin for a mommy/daddy figure without even realizing it.
Ditto ^^^^

Also just like to add so people that dont know.

That the orgianl meaning of the 13th step has nothing to do with what it has turned into..

For it is the ultimate step... Going into enterity in sobriety. To go to the next life and be in the big meeting in the heavens..