View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
liv1ce

I quit drinking after an intervention and 30 days in rehab. Shortly thereafter even with AA I fell off the wagon with prescription drugs because I could get high without having it on my breath. I sobered up with face to face counseling to try to figure out why I was such an idiot. Figured it out and stayed clean and sober for 10 years.

Even with that I managed to stumble, slip, slide and then run headlong down the road to hell on oxy and was gone for 3 years.

I am now heading toward 10 months clean after going cold turkey and am perfectly satisfied with the results.

There is some alcoholism in my family but I don't believe in the genetic or environmental origin of addiction. Each time I have gone to hell I have CHOSEN to do so.

In the end the problem really isn't getting sober. Actually that is rather easy. The problem is staying sober and that is where some need a program and bully for them. They have a round of applause from me. I just am not choosing to do so. I have proven that I know where the road to hell is and know exactly how to get there. SR has been great for me and to me and I plan to stick with it. I also have an avocation that absorbs the obsession I have for getting high.

I just need to be ever vigilant.