View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
GardenMama

The whole pot thing is so incredibly frustrating...

ISOHumility, I commend your honesty about all this. I had such a crazy-hard time with my AD from 14 to her 18yo OD last year. I don't know what I could have done to change the outcome because I did everything I could do with the skills I had then. Work your own recovery, keep your rules clear, and pray for his safety & that of others he is around. Most rehabs won't accept pot users...or at least the ones I found. The teen rehab program we tried when she was 15 was completely ineffective because she was so convincing and cunning...she doesn't have addiction issues, they said. Fast forward 3 years...and you just never know what is going to ring their bell. She is an addict, and a tender recovering former heroin user now, and she is very lucky to be alive.

Here's what all this jabbering is meant to convey: take your recovery VERY seriously right now. That is my biggest regret looking back. Commend yourself for what you are doing right now to talk to a sponsor, get feedback here,and for any other introspection and behavior change you are working towards--good job! You are a very fine mother doing her very best. Please don't beat yourself up. The world does that for us mothers anyway! You are in my thoughts and heart today!