Old 12-22-2012, 12:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RyanRed

I can relate to you my friend

The depersonalization feeling is very strange indeed. I too have this from a result of a bad drug experience YEARS AGO! (1 time use when I was a teenager) From what Ive read its just part of anxiety, and mental fatigue. Your in constant battle with your own mind from trying to fight off anxiety. Some people like you and I get this weird feeling of depersonalization, or also known as unreality as a result of that constant battle. Its a very unusual feeling. I personally drank and drank for years. It did a good job at masking the problem, but never cured it. Alcohol was never the answer

How do we tackle the problem? Well, I personally believe it stems down to learning how to diminish anxiety because thats where all those feelings come from. Acceptance is key I believe. Acceptance of our fears. Generally our fears are based on the fearing of being in fear. Were generally scared to feel scared! There are many ways to overcome anxiety, and I too am looking for the right answer. I believe prescription medication to NOT be the awnser in my opinion unless absolutely necessary. Truth is, they will most likely lead to addiction and dependence. The answer isn't in the form of a magic pill, but rather learning to accept that fact that this is an illness of how we think. How to control our thoughts, and ultimately not fear them. Once we realize its nothing more than our minds screwing with themselves, we can start to accept these feelings as not dangerous. Of course, this is so easily said, and I too have trouble conniving myself of that. But the truth is, thats all it really is. Nothing more.

Just know your not alone my friend! Many many people are experiencing the same feelings as you. Each and everyone of us our a little different on how we will banish these thoughts, but were all on that same journey Your not going crazy, you simply over think things! Im finding out talking to other people about it really helps as well. Feel free to message me anytime just to shoot the breeze, or whatever.

-Ryan