View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Liz, I know I've been hard on you sometimes, and I regret some of my harshness. It's clear you're making progress.

I was thinking the other day about me and my AH, who just -- after many years of un- and under-employment -- finally got a good job with good pay, after I kicked him out after this last relapse, of course. I know that if I invited him back home, he'd be there within the evening. He's doing pretty well. To my knowledge he's sober and working a program. But there's a part of me that doesn't know how I feel about him and what the future of our marriage looks like living with alcoholism, or even with recovery. And yet there's another part of me, a BIG part of me, that wants him to come home because I'm so tired of shouldering the financial and practical burdens of a household alone. I might, still. I really might.

So, in short, we're all on a journey. Sometimes (I'd posit most times) our judgement towards others is really about ourselves.
((Florence)), I understand. Although, at this point I am pretty much a single parent anyway. My AH is currently sleeping in his office, his depression is seriously worsening. I know there is nothing I can do, it's just uncomfortable around him at this point because I am pretty much tapped out emotionally and have nothing to offer him anyway. I pray for him and for all of us daily and that's about where it ends.