View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by PohsFriend View Post
Not trying to be self righteous, lord knows I blurt things out sometimes.

....the other day wife had a meeting and a new guy got an earful about what he needed to do, a couple old timers intervened and told the crisstalker to back up a bit or the guy would not come back and he hasn't.

When we are around here enough it's easy to shrug stuff off... On my first visit I was in tears and scared ******** and needed a hug before the blunt truth. Unless someone is in danger the 'just pack and go' message doesn't penetrate... Most people need time to understand a bit first and internalize the three C's before the simple is possible
When I first joined here, I was very naive about addiction and my denial ran deep. I had some "seasoned" posters asking me some very tough questions. They stung like hell and they made me angry. But they knew me better then I knew myself. AND I will be forever thankful to those posters.

One by one most of them have left. Now we have "experts" advising marriage counseling with an active crack addict. Please don't try to control other posters, we all benfit in our own way. Just take what you and leave the rest.