View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

You are the only person you can guarantee will be there with you for your entire life - so as long as you can look yourself in the eye I figure you're doing well.

It's tough sometimes to set aside other's opinions and statements and actions. In the last few months I have been called some rather nasty names by one person, guilt-tripped and passive-aggressively insulted by someone I thought was a friend, and then there's the woman at work who is trying to get me fired because of who knows what reason (but it started after I tried to comfort her as she was crying in the ladies' room) - and I need to remember that I didn't make them do any of that, I'm just trying to do the best for me that I know how.

That doesn't mean it's easy, but I guess it's easier than if I stuck to my old patterns of behavior and belief where I internalized everything.

You just need to do what feels right to you. And maybe it's right, and maybe you'll walk face-first into a detour sign that's hidden in the fog. That's life, and I figure as long as I'm trying my best, that's all anyone has the right to expect from me anyway. I'm human, just like everyone else, and I can live with that. Some days easier than others, but I'll manage.

You are a strong person with a good moral compass and a great son to remind you of why you are doing what you're doing so you can keep moving forward. You'll get where you need to go. Just keep doing your next right thing.