View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
tehmazzyland

Originally Posted by rainyengland View Post
Hi - jumped over from new comers and first post

Preachers of the AA are driving me nuts over there !!! - soon as new comer posts there on the case about AA- shame as there is a lot of good people on that part of site but it's starting to grind on me so not posting there

Anyway I'm 4 weeks tomorrow and feeling great - strong and determined !!

Works Xmas party tomorrow and I have zero intention of drinking :-)

Have a great weekend everyone !
It's a difficult balance - AA members draw great strength from their program and only want to share it for the best of reasons. As a non-AA recovering alcoholic, there have been times I did the same thing to friends with a non-AA approach taught by some awesome people in my rehab. It didn't help my friends.

The truth is: The only thing which will work, is your own determination to do whatever it takes to not drink. Whatever it takes - imo - includes learning from how other people did it, and adopting/adapting the ways which most chime with you. So it's worth at least considering all the different approaches, even if after honest reflection they don't suit your own personal needs.

But if you have that determination to find the right technique - then you will find the right technique (or techniques) for yourself.

Stay strong - the more you practise saying 'no' to a drink, the easier it gets. Stick with it.

And have a good weekend yourself rainyengland (lol at the username, so true so true).