View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
tjp613

Originally Posted by helpme33 View Post
Thank you!! It is hard enough and when people tell you your decision is wrong it makes it even harder.

First of all, they shouldn't judge your situation if they're not IN it! That's pretty bold to tell you flat out that it's "wrong".

They told me I would regret this years later.

Maybe. Maybe not. Cross that bridge when you come to it. For now, we're talking about protecting your sanity and quality of life.

What they can't understand is I have changed and I am now thinking of ME and the other positives in my life, and I have many.

This IS a very foreign concept to many people. It was to me when I first started down this path... it's OK.... what you do with your life is none of their concern, really. Do what you need to do for YOU!

They did act like I was giving up and being spiteful!

Wow...so much judgement!! And these are people in your support group?? I hope it's not Al-Anon! UGH! Find another group!

It is not true, I still love my son with all my heart.

Of course you do! But that doesn't mean you have to martyr yourself for someone who abuses you and steals from you just because you share DNA.

So many in this small town will not join support groups because of the 'turn the other cheek attitude' and 'you are his MOTHER'. That doesn't work with an addict. Maybe the ones they are dealing with are not true addicts.

Or maybe they are die-hard co-dependents who will go to their grave supporting, enabling and trying to fix other people!!!! And for what?? LOL

I told my hubby the exact same thing, I am only a source of money to him. The alcohol and drug abuse, mixed with the gf, has made him do and say some very strange things.

They are both so selfish and immature, I have to back away.

Thank you for your support!!!!
(((huggs and blessings for us all)))
Keep coming back. We're glad you're here!