View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by free2luv26 View Post
Had an awesome meeting. Came home feeling a high that Ive never felt before. Ive had plenty of highs but nothing like this. Theres a strength in me now and motivation that I never knew I had. Ive always been a strong willed person but due to addiction I became such a weak person. I thank God Ive made it this far. Only been a few weeks since my last relapse but due to my acceptance of the program I have felt that strength coming back to me. Maybe it was always there buried underneath the drugs. I dont know. I do know I love this new feeling. In all of the times Ive gotten clean, I have not once been this sure about my sobriety. I will no longer "reward" myself by getting high because Ive been clean for a few months. My sobriety will now be my reward. The joy I see in my mothers eyes, my grandmothers eyes, and everyone else whom has stuck by me thru everything, shall be my reward. Ohh this feeling I have is amazing.
free2luv26, I'm glad things are going well for you.
There is a common phenomenon in early recovery called "pink cloud". Please tell your sponsor and the oldtimers about how you feel and listen to them closely.

(I had an oldtimer tell me a while ago that he fell off a 22' ladder. I said "I hope you didn't get hurt" and he replied "I'm fine ... I was only on the first rung")

All the best.

Bob R