View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lightseeker

I just went and reread the thread that got bumped. I'd say that printing that out should be all that you need to remind you. Hearing your own words, your own pain, your own awareness is clearer than any words that you will hear from anyone else.

It really helped me to realize that my ex is my drug....I was abused emotionally, verbally, and he strayed into the physical abuse end as well. And yet....there is/was this crazy pull that I have felt to him. I've been away from him now for 19 months so I know the feelings well that you are having. The longer I go the more I recognize how addicted I was to him and the trauma. It was chaos that kept me from healing and focusing on my own life.

I read a really good book at one point called The Betrayal Bond by Patrick Carnes. I think it will shed a lot on what you are feeling.

Stay strong.....figure out your escape plan, figure out your no contact plan. Remember, even limited contact with him is like an addict thinking that they can use heroin "just once" again and not "go back".