View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
renaldo

I once made a concoction with what I had from the food pantry. Gov't issued canned pork, leftover flavor packets from ramen, and God knows what else. I ate some of it and went to sleep. When I tried it the next day, it became apparent that my taste buds were not firing on all cylinders the previous night. The Bitch's Brew was so bad, I just threw it out and chalked it up to experience.

Cooking while drunk. Kind of like running with scissors I guess. Not recommended.

When I was younger and had long hair, people used to mistake me for Weird Al. It got so off the hook that I started a contest at work. Whoever guessed the number of times people who called me Weird Al in a year won the kitty. I believe it was 32 times in that year.

Once I accepted that Weird Al is smart, funny, successful, and makes people laugh, no one called me Weird Al anymore. Perhaps it was some insecurity in myself that I felt "weird." Once I accepted who I was, it became a non-issue and literally dropped off the map in one fell swoop.

This perhaps dovetails with people's concerns about what to say about why they're not drinking. Us alkies think a lot more about drinking than most people do. If someone's badgering you about why you aren't drinking, perhaps (s)he's not a good friend.

:day1
Attached Images