View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
ARTEMIS

Greetings from Ninja Camp!
Thank you all for your supportive comments. When I doubt myself I remember your words and they give me strength.
Yesterday I watched the news for most of the morning and then had to stop because it was so sad.
I walked the dog 2 miles....even though I did not want to...!!
Did the dishes and colored my hair. Ta- da!!
Then I watched Toy Story 2 in an effort to cheer myself up. It helped.
Yesterday I also said no. Which is new/hard for me. I was invited to a dinner hosted at a club with a bar. I didn't debate with myself if I wanted a drink or not. I chose not to put myself in an environment where it would be a question. I also cut myself some slack on that decision. Have I decided not to drink again? Yes. However, I am new at it. I wouldn't enter an ice skating competition the first week I learned how to skate.

Today is again dark and cold and spitting snow. The darkness is really, really hard for me. It increases my depression. Some days I think of it like a large monster that is chasing me.
I am trying to stay a few feet ahead of the monster today. I do not watch the show Survivor but I am trying to apply their motto... Outwit, outplay, outlast. That is what I am going to do.

I have taken the dog for a 2 mile walk at the local golf course.It is sooooooo cold. But I did it. My nose looks like Rudolph. I have my lightbox on and the music is on. Just keep moving and not giving in.

Everyone have a good day- I will check in later.