View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by pkrma View Post
Alcoholism is genetic, it's bad luck. It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's something you have to struggle with, but that's life- its just a constant fight for survival. That's how it's meant to be, that's how it is for everyone, alcoholic or not.
Well, life is absolutely not a constant fight for survival for me, okay?

Alcoholism as genetic bad luck? Perhaps. And perhaps not. Alcoholism is not so easily defined, and there are several schools of thought still seeking a finalised universal definition.

I don't struggle with alcoholism either. That particular struggle ended very quickly when I quit drinking and my alcoholism morphed into remission.

It won't matter much really how you quit drinking at the end of the day. You'll be much more concerned about your own happiness and quality of life then how you finally quit, you know? Quitting isn't the big deal. Living a life alcohol free is the prize.

Nobody gets extra points for having the best quitting model or method or nothing around here. We simply quit, and we get on with our lives. How we choose to live our lives is our own business, and our choices mean everything to us and very little to others, is my experience.