View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
My bathroom door doesn't latch completely, so both puppies push their way in constantly, especially if I am taking a shower and have left clothes (specifically socks) on the floor. I had to buy new socks this fall to replace the many that were stolen and eaten.

My favorite puppy horror story is the Rit dye experience. My daughter and I decided to tie-dye tshirts this summer. I left an unused box of magenta dye on the kitchen counter and went to the grocery store. The younger puppy stays in his kennel, and we had been working with the older puppy to be left out while we are gone for short periods of time. She got the box off the counter and shredded it on the carpet. So now my beige carpet has a wide swath of magenta dye across it, right in the middle of the room. Of course, I try to "fix" the mess, by using "beige" dye over the top, which didn't work. So I diluted bleach and sprayed that over the top, which created a nice pink/orange/brown tint to it all. Looks like someone was murdered on my living room carpet!! My 4 yr old nephew came over shortly after this happened, pointed at the carpet, and asked if someone got hurt?!

Darn puppies!
UGH! When my pups were about a year old or so I left them home for the day, with access to the porch through the doggy door. I accidentally left the storage closet open on the porch and my shepherd mix found a bag of potting soil. She dragged it into the house, through the doggy door, and then rubbed it into the carpet in the dining room. OI, that was a fun one to clean up, LOL!