View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Could I be codependent on my puppy? LOL

Hi everyone, haven't really been on in a few weeks. This puppy business keeps me busy. As I sit here typing, he's fighting with one of his toys growling and barking and tossing it around and of course, the toy has a squeaker!

Anyway, this puppy is quite the handful and I feel that I spend a lot of time following him around, checking up on him, taking care of him, etc so I had the thought that I must be becoming codie with my puppy! Nah, just kidding.

I had a few members ask me to share pictures of him but I don't know how to do that, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me post a few pics?

He is a dobie shepherd mix and is now currently running away from my son's rubber chicken toy because it squawked at him and scared him. Guess he only likes squeakers, not squawkers?

As for me, things are the same. My son's friend passed away from complications from leukemia 2 weeks ago and we've been dealing with the emotional fallout from that with him. My son and I also have been sick on and off for the past 3 weeks. First a nasty cold, then we traveled to Denver to visit my sister for a weekend and we came him and got the flu. We're both still recovering and trying to tend to the puppy has been tough while sick. He still needs his boosters next Friday so I can't take him to the park yet but we do have him starting with a dog trainer this week! He is very smart and I'm really looking forward to having a new addition to my hiking partners!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season. I will be cooking and baking for the next 2 days because I'm hosting a neighborhood open house on Friday night here and I have no idea who is coming. I've only heard from 2 who can't make it but the rest have stayed silent. Guess I better get in the kitchen, LOL!