View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SparkleKitty

Originally Posted by meg597 View Post
Thank You so much!! I am just struggling with do I stay away or should I be here more for him now?? Thats the hardest part. I feel like he is pushing me away but also begging for me to help!!
I'm not really seeing the begging for help part in what you've described...calling to tell you about the women he's hooked up with at bars sounds a lot more like pushing you away. Also the hitting and the fighting and the broken promises...I guess I wonder what positive results being there for him has had so far?

When they tell you what to do in case of a problem in an airplane, they tell you that you have to put your own oxygen mask on first before you can help anyone else with theirs. This is true with alcoholism as well. There's a reason that you are not letting go despite all you've been through, and until you work out what that is, nothing will change for you.

You've made a tremendous step in reaching out here for help. There are a lot of people who understand what it's like. You're not alone or unique in this struggle. I hope you stick around as you navigate this next part of your journey.