View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lee1012

Happy to find this forum

Hello everyone...

My name is Lee. I'm a 45 yr old female and have been struggling with opiate addiction for 12 yrs now. I've made up my mind to stop this brutal course I've been on abusing my body and mind beginning now. I just can't take it anymore. It's affecting my whole life so negatively and keeps me in a constant state of depression.

I look forward to meeting everyone...hearing other's experiences, gleaning advice and offering anything I may be able to offer in the form of support and sharing my own experiences.

I know I have a long road ahead of me. I won't lie...the thought of it scares the crap out of me. All I feel right now is a sense of panic and dread. However, my desire to rid myself of this monkey on my back puts me in a position that I'm willing to face whatever is ahead of me to get rid of this damn addiction.

I'm going to do it cold turkey. I've kept it hidden from my family all these years. There are only a select few friends and my girlfriend that knows the hell I've been living for the last several years. I just feel so alone all the time.

My prayers are with everyone, and I ask for prayers in return please.

- Lee