Thread: Your HP/faith
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hopeworks

I also have deepended my faith and have a closer relationship with my HP through the program of Alanon and going through and living the 12 steps.

As Bill W. said "First of all, we had to quit playing God".

When I finally crawled off my own personal throne and truly surrendered myself and my XA I found the path to peace and serenity I had never had ... ever! And I had a conversion experience in the eighties and considered myself a Christian all of those years!

It is the surrender... the truly letting go... the step into the space of real trust that we begin to have that blessed hope that all will be OK. All of us... even if it doesn't turn out the way WE WANT!

The illusion of control was an illusion that I clutched so hard it hurt. I can't control anything and life is uncertain and sometimes scary. But it also beautiful and I am so much happier than I have ever been!

And that is from my HP and the peace I have found and this new path of self discovery and connecting with God.

This will give you a laugh. I listened to a podcast of an alanon speaker and she said her friend was so happy now that was an alanon and said she had become:

The man she had always wanted!

I like to tell women that they are the person they are looking for! Now I can add you can be the man you are looking for too!

How funny! Isn't recovery great?