View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nabb1

Went to first AA meeting.....

So, I went to my first meeting yesterday and let me say I was truly scared to death to walk through the door. But, once I was inside and was greeted by many people it was a whole lot easier. I have been rolling the whole concept over in my head after hearing some of the experience of others and of course part of me is saying well you are not that kind of drinker so do you really need to be there. Of course I need to be there since I question every time I drink and dwell on if I will drink or not. Just because I do not drink in the morning or everyday, by the time Wednesday or Thursday comes around I am instantly asking my self do I or don't I buy the wine, and once I do it is four days of buying wine. Sometimes it is only drinking one bottle not bad (ya right) but once the second bottle is opened a whole different person emerges and that is not what I want to see EVER again. So yes I do need to go to the meetings and grasp the reality of my situation so I can be free from this horrible disease. I will once again walk through the doors again today, I know it scares me still but that is a good thing right?:abcj