View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
tomsteve

pigeon, theres something yer gonna learn as ya work the steps:
yer gonna see people come in who are just like you right now. you are gonna see the anger. you are gonna know what it is and want to help them work the steps. you just may even tell em that they have anger issues and get the same response. then yer gonna be able to share what worked and what didnt work.
no she isnt a therapist, but heres how i look at it: unless the therapist has been trapped in a bottle, has been where i was, has found a solution and can relate to my thinkin, i wont listen for 10 seconds to such therapist.
case in point:
had to do this impat weekend for a DUI years ago. 2 people runnin it. prolly 35 uf us with DUI's there. one was extremely educated on alcoholism and addiction through college, never had a problem with booze or drugs. the other came back from vietnam with a needle in his arm and bottle in his grasp and stayed tht way for 20 more years. then he got clean and sober.

one thing i noticed: the people there were very attentive to what the man who came back from nam with the needle in his arm and bottle in his grasp had to say. when it was the other ones turn, it was nap time.