View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by blackandblue View Post
For the most part it is definitely relieving to write it all down and I feel ready for this Step both the positives and the negatives. The painful part really only came up around my ex and my family. I wonder if I am truly ready to move on. Moving on does not feel like a choice. It feels like it is something that happens when you get over someone if you ever do. And for someone with a hard time letting go, moving on has always been a challenge. I will finish this Step and move on to the next. That's all we can do right?
That is the best we can do dear! Those steps aren't meant to be worked just once or perfectly. Now that I practice the 10th step (continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it), it's been a long time since I've worked a 4th. That isn't to say that I won't need another 4th at some point. i am human, therefore prone to mistakes, and I need to look at those mistakes.

You are doing a wonderful job of working your recovery! Be proud of yourself; I am!