View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
applecake

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
When I would wake up from drinking dreams about a year or two after quitting, I would remember things as I slowly woke up that I could not access any other way. That made me realize there was a whole bank of memories inside my head that was fading away. As a binge drinker, the whole thirteen year long life of altered-state-me had been running parallel to the unaltered-state-me, and IT was dying and I was experiencing IT dying, but I refused to resurrect IT.
Nice...I like this!

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Forget fear. Enjoy freedom. It's always been our respective Beast which got drunk before, not you or me. With separation, the Beast has no physical means to actually become drunk, so it's game over for the Beast. The true goal with practicing AVRT is achievement of separation, yeah?

So, relax applecake, and enjoy the separation of you and your Beast as real experiential evidence of the veracity of your AVRT. No problemo!!

Thanks, Robby! You always make me smile.

Originally Posted by dybehfar View Post
...I just don't want to deal with people pestering me or pressing me why I am not drinking or take the incessant invitations to drink. It is really rather annoying when someone intoxicated keeps harping on it. Which I have already experienced.
These people are annoying! I've noticed that for the most part, most people are so absorbed with themselves and what they are doing that they don't really notice that I'm not drinking, as long as I don't make a big deal about it. But there are a few--it seems like my closest associates--who think that if they have a glass of wine in their hand, I must, too! I've started to see that this really is their beast being threatened by my decision not to drink. I have no control over their beast, so I've just tried to stick to my guns in a polite but firm way. BTW, I'm glad you're here, dybehfar.