View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
dybehfar
Do You Believe

Good stuff everyone. I like Applecake's description of this section being a "cerebral place". I have never thought so much about my mind, how it works, even my thoughts in general, as I have over the past month or so. It is this singular section of SR that has changed me so profoundly.

As I am relatively new to the whole AVRT process, I am planning on avoiding certain events during this silly season. <- is this AV? I don't think it is.

Its not that I fear or have doubts about me drinking, rather I just don't want to deal with people pestering me or pressing me why I am not drinking or take the incessant invitations to drink. It is really rather annoying when someone intoxicated keeps harping on it. Which I have already experienced.

I also really don't enjoy being around tons of people. In hindsight, I guess I have always had a certain level of agoraphobia / claustrophobia. Going to large sporting events or places with huge crowds has always freaked me out. Even parties in constrained environments bother me. I prefer a certain amount personal space away from other people. Drinking enabled me to suppress that. I guess this is an area I need to work on in my life.

Loud noisy environments also grate on my nerves as do sudden loud noises. Still trying to figure that out.

It's interesting learning more about myself. It's like unravelling a mystery. What a trip introspection can be. Who knew....probably lots of folks...but not me.