View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 01:10 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by applecake View Post
My fear with this approach has been that one time when I won't be able to recognize AV, which is why I've tried to anticipate potential scenarios. What is the saying? Forewarned is forearmed? It doesn't feel very good, but I do think the analyses of comments by the veterans is helpful in learning to see subtle AV.
With a Big Plan in place, AV is easily recognised. You can be confident with yourself going forward that AV in and of itself cannot get you back to drinking. We have nothing to fear from our AV.

Addictive Voice Recognition Technique provides for us the ideal means to separate from our Beast. In the separation we discover not only the hidden face of our Beast, so to speak, we also discover first-hand we are not our Beast. How awesome is that, lol!!

We powerfully discover we are fully our human selves. We are not harmed by our AV, and we are not harmed by any fears we may have of future drinking created by our AV, because all thoughts, ideas, feelings of anything which suggests future drinking is in fact nothing more then simply more of the same AV.

AV is always just my Beast barking at me to get back to drinking and get drunk. There is not alot there for me to deeply analyse. Different attempts are made to convince me, and these attempts are always recognised by me 100% of the time, no problemo. It's impossible for me to somehow not recognise my AV whenever I practice my AVRT.

It's all just to simple to screw up. No matter how my AV may be worded, imaged, or felt, it simply nonetheless is only my Beast barking at me with the same message -- get myself drunk.

It's this wonderful simplicity of what constitutes AV which ensures my successful separation of my Beast and I.

The practical degree of separation is unimportant for being able to achieve and sustain a healthy abstinence. There is no magical water-line which must be met to enjoy qualified separation. We need not be bothered about having a requirement to have full awareness of our entire lock, stock, and barrel of AV suggestions available to the Beast to attempt to get us back to drinking. Who cares if the metaphoric kitchen sink is thrown at us? hahaha.

We can safely recognise and then dismiss or otherwise become indifferent to whatever AV is being recognised. We don't need to somehow keep recognising greater and greater instances of AV. Simple recognition of any AV is sufficient to enjoy separation.

Forget fear. Enjoy freedom. It's always been our respective Beast which got drunk before, not you or me. With separation, the Beast has no physical means to actually become drunk, so it's game over for the Beast. The true goal with practicing AVRT is achievement of separation, yeah?

So, relax applecake, and enjoy the separation of you and your Beast as real experiential evidence of the veracity of your AVRT. No problemo!!