View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
It's my Big Plan that protects all the rest of the other plans I make in life to progress and expand, and, ALL BY ITSELF, THE BIG PLAN ABSOLUTELY INSURES I DO NO FURTHER DRINKING/DRUGGING - not the other way around. I do not need "game plans" to keep from drinking.

With a Big Plan in place, it was certainly logical to decide not to go to bars, some parties, see some old drinking friends, etc. - but that logical decision making had nothing to do with fear of MY having any anxiety. Using AVRT I knew it was the Beast that had anxiety if went to those places. IT would be salivating, but I would not be concerned because my Big Plan had predetermined that I would not drink/drug in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
My Big Plan is alive and well, and I don't need "game plans" to keep from drinking. However, me taking on any other ways forward after my Big Plan is in place, these other ways forward are NOT "game plans", no matter how detailed or over-the-top they may seem or actually be, to any or all other observers of my behaviors.

Also, my Big Plan, in itself, doesn't protect me from drinking. My Big Plan simply and solely creates for me unlimited opportunity to practice my AVRT skills, AND empowers me with artistic license to live my sans-alcohol life free of conditions to keeping myself a non-drinker.

Big Plan:
A transcending personal commitment to unconditional, permanent abstinence. The reasons for making a Big Plan can vary between individuals.
Yeah. Totally. Big Plans can and do have amazing and fantastic variance between individuals.

For example:

I decide I'll go to a small informal party, which serves alcoholic beverages. I take a friend/date, and we bring our own beverage to drink. We politely refuse all offers of alcoholic beverages, drink our own beverage, enjoy ourselves, and we eventually leave.

No problem with AVRT. No problem with my Big Plan. No problem with my AV. No problem with my Beast. And most importantly, no problem with myself, lol.

It makes absolutely no difference that I planned what to bring. My Big Plan has no conditions attached with it, so either way it matters not what I bring or don't bring (ie plan or don't plan)

This is important to carefully consider: Big Plans are totally unconditionally created and honored. We have no need to be concerned about so-called "game plans", simply because they have zero effect against a Big Plan, and my AVRT, and zero effect against me living a happy and successful alcohol free life. In fact, simply believing so-called "game plans" even exist as a danger to my Big Plan or my continued abstinence; that belief in and of itself is pure AV. Speaking from MY experience, of course.

As well, the only and single "thing" which keeps me from drinking is absolutely and simply MY decision to now never drink again. And to never change my mind. This decision can be morphed into a Big Plan as defined by AVRT. It can also, at the end-of-the-day, simply be a decision to live as a non-drinking individual. It really is totally up to the individual just how deeply they want to get into AVRT. Many people have never heard of AVRT, and they still nonetheless are authentic and genuine non-drinkers.

My Big Plan in place simply allows me to selectively "see and hear" my AV so I can effectively enjoy being decisively separated from my Beast and my AV.

That's all it does.

For me to say my abstinence is conditional on my Big Plan, is to say my Big Plan has attached conditions. This would have the same effect as invalidating my Big Plan. So, it turns out, after some thought, I have little agreement with you GT, in your comments to Applecake. No problemo. It's not required we have agreement.

Interesting thread to be sure, lol.

WOW.