View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by dybehfar View Post
Wow...this AV is really pervasive in my thoughts and is deeper than I thought.

...It seems really simple, but there also seems to be facets that are much more subtle. I was never a very introspective person with regard to my thoughts. I was more of a happy go lucky kind of guy and go with the flow.

Maybe that is why I am a bit different and am struggling more with the AV as I really have to evaluate my thoughts on a deeper level.
I think you nailed it. Being more with the flow would create less eddies and swirls in your thinking process, less points of interest to focus your awareness. Great analogy, dybehfar.

I would suggest though that you perhaps not talk of AV being a struggle for you. I suggest you would do better to speak of evaluating your own thoughts as being where the struggle is actually occuring, if we are to follow thru with the going with the flow analogy.

Let all struggles with AV be those of your Beast. Don't let your Beast off the hook with those AV struggles. With AVRT, we simply recognise the AV, and we move on with our thinking. We don't struggle with our AV. We can of course struggle with our own thoughts. Life is like that sometimes as we make our way.

Interesting, eh?!!

About when did I reach this level of understanding, I would suggest it's not really about 'when' its more about 'who'

As I recognised more and more AV, as I then progressed with my ongoing separation of my Beast/AV and myself, I naturally accomplished a much deeper and appreciative understanding of me, myself, and I.

I became a person with much more presence. More in the moment kinda guy. And this process just keeps on giving back. After decades of practice, I'm much more the 'who' I'm wanting to be, and much less am I dragging myself around thru the day, you know? As for my Beast, there are light-years of separation between me and that filthy animal, hahaha.

So, it's about the quality of life of the non-drinker new person, and not so much the quantity of the time to peel back that miserable onion.

You're right on track, dybehfar. Play out your learning experiences with your AV. There's always something more to learn, about both your Beast/AV and yourself, and the resultant experiences you'll enjoy from those efforts will always enrich and deepen your entire and total life journey.

Great questions, and great personal insight, dybehfar. Very enjoyable talking with you.