View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Thepatman

Applecake, I did the same that you did about month ago except it was beer in my case. I don't personally think that because we failed once that the AVRT technique cannot be used anymore. You must as I have learn from this experience. The concept of AVRT is more then just making the big plan. I made the same mistake as you, I tought it was a one shot deal and my problem was fixed. Recognizing the AV is one thing, trully seperating yourself from it is another story. It is very convincing when it starts the lying.

Suffice to say that you know the real you don't want to drink anymore. But you need to work on that part of yourself to be strong. The beast will strike when you feel weak, as it did when you hit a low last time. You will have lows, that's life. But you need tools to deal with them. You mentionned self esteem, boost it, workout, get new clothes, etc.

The beast loves it when you get weak... This post is long, hope it is somewhat helpful to you. Don't let anyone say AVRT is over for you. Just learn from this.

Take care. Say hi to tour beast for me. And be sarcastic when saying it! LOL