View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

You're an interesting person, Cleopatra. Hmm.

I'm sorry, no offense intended, but you're not directly answering my inquiries. You're side-stepping important essential issues we're discussing, all the while introducing new complications. For me, this all comes across as interesting on several levels. For you, it amounts to confusion, apparently, from what you've said about your understanding of AVRT.

The Beast always wants our AV to be hidden as much as possible, and will go to unlimited efforts to conceal AV.

Cleopatra, the purpose of AVRT is not to shut down or turn off our AV. AVRT simply separates us from our AV. I still have AV in my head, even after decades of successfully not drinking. AV is a completly normal and healthy experience. There is nothing to fear from AV. AV is not "bad" or "evil" or anything else remarkable. AV is simply any thought, feeling, image which suggests future drinking/drugging. AV is also the Beasts way to communicate with us -- AV is to Beast as bark is to dog.

AV's are in fact our own thoughts harvested from our own mind. With AVRT, we separate ourselves from those particular AV thoughts. We can't do that if we can't hear them.

Do you have a Big Plan in place, Cleopatra?

You asked if you're doing it right in your OP, and if you're not able to separate AV because you no longer hear it, then you're not doing it right. Some people, I suppose, will claim they haven't heard their AV in years or whatever. That's okay. I don't believe them, but I appreciate they believe themselves. Nothing changes if nothing changes. Perfection is such an unworthy pursuit, imo.

I would caution you to most certainly re-visit being more aware of your AV.

Just us talking is not proper AV, even though we are discussing addiction and being an ex-drinker.

:ghug3