View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Dts View Post
The voice of the beast is a loud and strong one. But we have to learn how to tame and control it. Not an easy task many times. But you did it the day before right?

Stay strong, you'll beat the beast and find true happiness in doing so.
Just want to say here, I've not ever experienced successfully taming and/or controlling my Beast. Not that I haven't tried, lol. The task is impossible, imo, and unworthy of pursuit.

I don't and won't ever "beat the beast" and I am not required to make any such attempts.

Achieving happiness has nothing to do with my Beast. The concept that somehow my Beast stands in the way of my happiness would be pure AV to me. Only I myself can stand against my happiness, an nothing but me can prevent my happiness. I've learned that getting out of my own way is what best ensures my enduring happiness.

My Beast is limited in power and influence to my past addiction ambivalences. My Beast, in simple terms, is an abnormal addictive drive. Little more than simply that alone, and so cannot possibly influence my happiness. I am immune to such AV rantings precisely because of my AVRT.

To each their own, no problemo.