Old 12-01-2012, 06:12 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Quinnleigh View Post
Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Drinking is a lousy management choice.

What is quality of life for you, Quinnleigh?
What is stopping you from being the best you can be?

This comment about quality of life really got to me: I assessed my QOL as I sit in my flat surrounded by dirty dishes, piles of clothes, unmade bed, piles of bills to be paid, flabby and out of shape, single, living a stones throw from the beautiful beach yet too lazy to go out and enjoy it, just wanting to mope around, watch fox. My QOL is **** just quietly.

How many of you nailed the Beast / AVRT first attempt?
I am not succeeding. Do I not want it enough?

But this assessment of my QOL has ignited something. Is this what I want? Is this how I want to live? The hearing is coming up and yes its scary but one day it will pass, do I still want to be living like this??? I am starting to want sobriety more.

I think I need to go through the book again.
Have no concerns of "do you want it enough?"

You have honest want to be free of alcohol, and that is enough. It's not about "how much" ie quanity. It's all about quality.

You mention being ignited. Awesome!

There in resides your quality check, Quinn. Fan that flame with sincere desires and needs, and you'll be assured success. We never go wrong with being true to ourselves. Yeah, we're none of us perfect, and so we do have to mind The Beast, separate our AV from our true selves, yes for sure... nonetheless though, we must always know there is life after quitting drinking. A really wonderful, happy, and productive life to be sure.

AVRT is not about struggling. Its about do it and move on. Quit and do the next right thing to achieve quality of life sans-alcohol.

All that struggling is really just your Beast howling. I know your AV tells you it's you in pain, but it's lying to you, playing you. The addiction pain is totally being felt, yes. The responsibility to carry on and leave the pain behind is yours. It's not about fault or guilt. Its about your quality of life going forward. Leave the lousy for the Beast and move on. As you do more and more quality happenings in your daily life, your Beast will absolutely eventually fade into grey and be a distant thing in your awareness. It's AV bark will be boring, and pathetic.

You'll be living a quality life, free of drinking, free of your Beast, and free of your AV.

Awesome, eh?!!

Just a little of sincere want is always enough to fan and encourage real and lasting quality of life.

Great post, Quinn. Well done!